Blue Cross Blue Shield expanding partnership with Alfa Insurance | Business
BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC)- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama officials announced today they are expanding their partnership with Alfa Insurance.
For years, Blue Cross has offered a limited number of products through Alfa. Now, Alabamians can purchase any health or dental coverage they need through Alfa.
Blue Cross Blue Shield president Terry Kellogg says the announcement of the expanded partnership was intentionally planned to coincide with the start of the Affordable Care Act.
"There is a lot of change in our industry. All our products are required to change. All the pricing is required to change. It's complicated. And it's very beneficial in most cases for people to have a one-on-one, face-to-face conversation with someone who's been trained and understands their options," Kellogg said.
Alfa president Jimmy Parnell says they believe the expanded partnership will offer their customers a wider range in products. He also feels they may gain new customers as a result.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Preliminary hearing set for Iron Bowl party shooting suspect
- Hoover City Schools consult with DOJ on fee-based bus service
- Hoover City Schools vote to keep buses under a fee-based system
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out