Public forum on child safety to be held in Alabaster | Events
In the video above, Jenny Funderburke, Minister to Children at Westwood Baptist Church, speaks on Good Day Alabama about the upcoming forum on child safety.
A public forum at an Alabaster church will bring together a panel of counselors, law enforcement officers and pastors to address child safety issues. The "Forum on Child Safety" is open to the public and will be held Sunday, Jan. 22 from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Westwood Baptist's Church campus in Alabaster. The church is located at 1155 Alabaster Blvd.
Some of the questions that will be addressed include the following:
- "How do I talk to my children about abuse?"
- "How do we protect our children from abuse?"
- "How do we identify predators?"
- "Why do things like this happen?"
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hoover City Schools vote to keep buses under a fee-based system
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out
- Woman charged with murder in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Victim identified in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting