'Parkinson's fighters' holding fundraising walk March 9 | Events
A grassroots campaign called the Alabama Parkinson's Fighters are hosting a fundraising walk Saturday, March 9 to raise awareness about the disease and money to find a cure.
The walk starts at 9 a.m. at Alabaster's Veteran Park. Registration is $25 and there will also be refreshments and door prizes.
According to the Alabama Parkinson's Fighter's Facebook page, $9,000 have been raised so far. For more information, please visit https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alabama-Parkinson-Fighters/487045524649766.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hoover City Schools vote to keep buses under a fee-based system
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out
- Woman charged with murder in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Victim identified in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting