Wednesday in Helena | Events
The Jane B. Holmes Helena Public Library has been upgraded with a self checkout machine. To celebrate the occasion, they are holding a drawing. Simply come into to the library, check out your materials on the new machine, and show your receipt to a staff member. You will be given a ticket to go into a Mystery Prize Drawing. Drawing to be held on Thursday, April 11 at 6:00 PM. Come in and Support your Library! ( And maybe win a Prize!)
Congrats to the Helena Middle School Panthers. They are now the Spring Break Tournament Champions!
Helena and Hoover Met
Congrats to Mike Jones, the CEO of Events Operations Group and fellow Helena City Council Member. His company received the contract for temporary Staffing and Event Management for the Hoover Met. See below:
"The Hoover City Council on Monday approved an agreement with the Pelham-based Event Operations Group for that company to provide temporary staffing and event management services at the Hoover Met".Full Article
Tommy Daspit will be offering photography classes this Saturday from 1-3pm at Ice and Coal Gallery 1089 Helena Rd Helena, AL 35080. The Class is 2 hours and you will learn about:
Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO
Depth of Field
Getting Sharper Pictures
After the class you will also receive a companion ebook and access to a class gallery where you can upload photos for coaching. The class is limited to 10 students. Bring your camera because he will show you how to operate it to get better photos. Go to: http://www.birminghamphotographyclass.com/introclass for more information and to purchase tickets. Feel free to call him at 205-516-6993
Here is what is on the City Council Agenda next Monday March 25th:
1. Discussion and review of a draft of the Amphitheater contract.
2. Final discussions on the park and rec pavilion rental agreement
3. Discussion on request from park and rec committee to move playground equipment from Joe Tucker Park to Helena Sports Complex park.
4. Update on Buck Creek Festival planning.
5. Discussion on city advertising for the Buck Creek Festival program.
6. Prioritize future project
6pm Council Meeting Agenda
1. Meeting Called to Order
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Roll Call
5. Minutes Approved/Corrected
7. Report from Mayor Hall
8. Farmerguard Pest Control donation to Park and Rec department.
9. Proclamation for April is Autism Awareness Month – Mr. & Mrs. Sean Johnson
10. Proclamation for Declaring April Sexual Violence Awareness Month
11. Approval of expense for the Buck Creek Festival city advertisement ad
12. Hubert Hardeman – Home Occupation License Request – 4324 Morningside Drive
13. Approval of the park and rec pavilion rental agreement
14. Council Comments
Next City Council Meeting Date: Monday, April 1, 2013 @ 4:30 P.M. Pre-Council followed by Regular Meeting 6:00 P.M.
Alright, we broke 2,000 people on the No Sleep in Helena Facebook Page. To celebrate we are going to have a gnome hunt this weekend. Hopefully on Sunday afternoon if the weather holds off.