Recipe: White chocolate mixed berry bread pudding | Home & Garden
White chocolate mixed berry bread pudding
Chef Jared Danks, the program director for the Culinary Arts and Pastry Arts programs at Culinard in Birmingham, makes a white chocolate mixed berry bread pudding.
4 oz. berries
1 oz unsalter butter (melted)
12 oz white bread (day-old)
1 qt heavy cream
5 oz (3 ea) eggs
13 oz granulated sugar
1/2 fl oz vanilla extract
4 oz white chocolate
Use the portion of the butter to thoroughly coat a 2-inch (5 cm) deep hotel pan. Reserve the remaining butter.
Tear the bread into chunks and place in a large bowl. Pour the cream over the bread and set aside until soft.
Beat the eggs and sugar until smooth and thick. Add the vanilla, the remaining melted butter and the berries.
Toss the egg mixture with the bread gently to blend. Pour into the hotel pan and bake at 350 degrees F (180 C) until browned and almost set, approximately 45 minutes
Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out
- Woman charged with murder in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Victim identified in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Hoover Police release more details in Saturday night's Ironbowl party shooting