Recipe: Irondale Cafe's Macaroni and Cheese | Home & Garden
Irondale Cafe's Macaroni and Cheese
1 LB. Elbow Macaroni
2 C Sharp Cheddar Cheese
2 C American Cheese
2 C Whole Milk
2 C Heavy Cream
Tsp salt and pepper
Boil elbow macaroni until al dente. Beat eggs, add milk and heavy cream in a medium size bowl. Drain water from macaroni and let it dry flat on parchment paper. Do not rinse the noodles.
Grease a 2 quart casserole dish. Begin with a layer of macaroni, salt and pepper. Add your shredded cheese to your first layer, then repeat.
Pour your egg mixture on top, then top with cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Keep the macaroni covered for the first hour and uncover for the last 15 minutes.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hoover City Schools consult with DOJ on fee-based bus service
- Hoover City Schools vote to keep buses under a fee-based system
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out
- Woman charged with murder in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting