Redfish with Mango Salsa | Home & Garden
Vicky Murphy with Inland Seafood's Redfish with Mango Salsa recipe
2 lbs. Redfish portions
¾ mango, peeled and cut into small cubes
½ cup chopped fresh tomato
½ cup chopped green pepper
½ cup chopped onion
¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 long green mild pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil or melted butter
In a medium-size mixing bowl combine mango, tomato, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, pepper, garlic, lemon juice and salt. Set salsa aside. Cook fish by one of the following methods then top with salsa and serve hot.
Grill: Place fish on grill about 4" from coals. Baste with melted butter and grill for about 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Panfry: Place butter in a medium skillet that is heated to medium/high heat (about 375 Degrees). Place fish in skillet and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Broil: Place fish on well-greased broiler pan. Dot with butter. Broil for 2-3 minutes on each side approximately 3-4 inches from the source of heat or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out
- Woman charged with murder in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Victim identified in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Hoover Police release more details in Saturday night's Ironbowl party shooting