Helena pharmacy robbery suspects captured | News
Two suspects in the Helena Hometown Pharmacy robbery have been arrested and charged.
Sterling Edwards, 19, of Birmingham and Anthony Young, 20, from Hueytown have each been charged with first degree robbery and first degree theft of property for the March 13 robbery during which the suspects specifically requested "Oxys and Roxys" in addition to money from the store. Helena police released multiple surveillance photos of the suspects on March 14.
"These arrest are the culmination of the combined efforts and hundreds of man-hours put in by, not only, the Helena Police Department but numerous surrounding agencies," Chief Deputy Tim Carter with the Helena PD said.
"A special thanks goes out to the US Marshal's Service for serving the warrants and making the actual arrest. Also Hoover Police Detective, Clint Blackmon was instrumental in conducting interviews and gaining vital information which helped identify the suspects and led to their arrest," Carter said in a release.
Both suspects are in custody at the Shelby County Jail with bonds of $250,000 for each charge of robbery and theft.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out
- Woman charged with murder in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Victim identified in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Hoover Police release more details in Saturday night's Ironbowl party shooting