Absolutely Alabama: Dallas County | News
What do you like? History? Modern art? A quiet nature walk? How about a good ghost story? If you said, all of the above, we've got a destination spot in mind.
This week we travel down river to Dallas County, a place with something for everyone.
The old Cahawba capital is only one of the sites included in the Ghosts of the Black Belt events coming in October. For information on these festivals and tours go to www.alabamafrontporches.com.
The Alabama Bureau of Tourism is also helping promote other haunting treks in Athens, at Rikard's Mill in Monroe County, ghost walks in the Shoals and Tuscumbia, in Old Town Historic District in Huntsville, in St. Stephens, Mobile and Montgomery.
For information on these scary sites go to www.alabama.travel.
If you'd like to contact the Tin Man just call him: (334) 872-3956.
And for behind the scenes photos from this week's Absolutely Alabama, click here to see Fred Hunter's latest slideshow.
Absolutely Alabama airs Friday night at 6 p.m.
Copyright 2012 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Preliminary hearing set for Iron Bowl party shooting suspect
- Hoover City Schools consult with DOJ on fee-based bus service
- Hoover City Schools vote to keep buses under a fee-based system
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out