Pelham Civic Complex adding ‘Ice Arena’ to name | News
PELHAM, AL (WBRC)- The Pelham City Council voted Tuesday to add to the name of the Pelham Civic Complex. It will be renamed the "Pelham Civic Complex and Ice Arena."
Council President Rick Hayes says the new name will highlight what the city has to offer: two Olympic-sized ice rinks.
He added that the ice rinks are a great benefit to the city. Council members said in December they hoped the name change would make more people aware of the rinks.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Preliminary hearing set for Iron Bowl party shooting suspect
- Hoover City Schools consult with DOJ on fee-based bus service
- Hoover City Schools vote to keep buses under a fee-based system
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out