Pelham PD charge suspected serial bank robber | News
BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC)- Pelham Police say they have charges against a man accused of robbing several area banks since the first of the year.
Jimmy Dawson Cunningham, Jr. has been charged with first degree robbery in connection to the Union State Bank robbery. His bond for this charge totals $60,000.
Cunningham is also linked to the Jan. 3 robbery at Cahaba Heights NBC, the Jan. 8 robbery at Mountain Brook PNC, the Jan. 10 robbery at a Mountain Brook Regions, and the Jan. 10 robbery at a bank in Cullman. Charges have been filed against Cunningham in the two Mountain Brook robberies, according to Mountain Brook Lt. Michael Herren.
U.S. Marshals located and arrested Cunningham at a north Birmingham home Tues., Jan 15. His wife Jodi and former employer say that these actions do not match the generous, sweet person they know. But they add that Cunningham has been addicted to drugs and this may have been a contributing factor to his recent actions.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out
- Woman charged with murder in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Victim identified in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Hoover Police release more details in Saturday night's Ironbowl party shooting