Last flying B-29 bomber stops in Birmingham | News
BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC)- The only flying B-29 bomber is at Birmingham Shuttlesworth through the weekend. This B-29 is named FiFi and was built in 1945. The B-29 is often credited as the aircraft that ended World War II.
The B-29 along with a lot of other warbirds will be available for rides and tours through Sunday evening. The aircraft are owned by the Commemorative Air Force in Addison, TX.
Follow the signs at Birmingham Airport to Kaiser Aircraft Industries.
For additional information visit airpowertour.org.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Preliminary hearing set for Iron Bowl party shooting suspect
- Hoover City Schools consult with DOJ on fee-based bus service
- Hoover City Schools vote to keep buses under a fee-based system
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out