Helena soldier passes away after being diagnosed with cancer | News
BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC)- An Alabama soldier has passed away after becoming ill while serving in Kuwait.
The Department of Defense says 1st Lt. Timothy Santos, Jr., of Helena, was transported to Fort Bliss, Texas, where he died Sunday.
According to the website youcaring.com, Santos was diagnosed with Stage III pancreatic cancer while on duty overseas. The 29-year-old leaves behind a wife and two young children.
If you would like to give support to the Santos family, they have set up a fundraiser and guest book at http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/prayers-support-for-tj/63344.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hoover City Schools vote to keep buses under a fee-based system
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out
- Woman charged with murder in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Victim identified in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting