2 charged after meth lab found at Pelham motel | News
SHELBY COUNTY, AL (WBRC)- Shelby County authorities have arrested and charged two adults after Pelham Police came upon an active meth lab at an area motel.
The officers were responding to a juvenile pickup order at Oak Mountain Lodge in Pelham Monday evening when the came upon an active meth lab.
Four Pelham officers were treated at an area hospital for inhaling chemical fumes. A K-9 was taken to a local vet for treatment as well.
Jacob Kenneth Mykicz, 25, of Homewood, has been charged was charged with unlawful manufacture of controlled substance, unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia, criminal possession of a noxious substance, four counts of third degree assault, and harassment of a police animal. His total bond is $306,000.
Kristie Marie Gilley, 36, of Hanceville, was charged with chemical endangerment of a child, unlawful manufacture of controlled substance, unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia, criminal possession of a noxious substance, four counts of third degree assault, and harassment of a police animal. Her total bond is $322,000.
A juvenile was also taken into custody and transported to the Shelby County Juvenile Detention Facility.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out
- Woman charged with murder in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Victim identified in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Hoover Police release more details in Saturday night's Ironbowl party shooting