Calera pastor indicted on rape charge | News
CALERA, AL (WBRC)- A Calera pastor has been indicted on a first-degree rape charge.
Harry Vester Jones, 49, is accused of attacking a woman in April. He will be arraigned November 4 on the felony charge.
The victim is described as a 39-year-old female who is not a Calera resident.
Jones is the pastor at New Mount Moriah Missionary Baptist Church in Calera. He also intervened in opposition to Shelby County in its challenge of the Voting Rights Act.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out
- Woman charged with murder in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Victim identified in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Hoover Police release more details in Saturday night's Ironbowl party shooting