Matt Pitt's mother speaks out | News
BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC)- Police arrested youth evangelist Matt Pitt on August 20 after a warrant was issued against him on the charge of impersonating a peace officer.
Pitt's mom, Missy, had not spoken publicly about her son's arrest until a TV interview with Fox6 News anchor Janice Rogers.
"We don't get to see him physically, we get to see him through a TV monitor," Missy Pitt explained.
In the interview, Missy Pitt also talks about how she knew her son would be a minister, even back when he was only five-years-old.
"I want him out of there, I want to hold him and hug him. As a mom, I want him out of there," she said.
Pitt remains in the Shelby County Jail. A hearing for Pitt is set for October 15, when a judge will decide if Pitt should have his probation revoked.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out
- Woman charged with murder in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Victim identified in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Hoover Police release more details in Saturday night's Ironbowl party shooting