Car care tips for colder weather | News
BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC)- October is Fall Car Care month and FOX6 is On Your Side with some tips to prepare your vehicle for cold weather.
Whether you do it yourself or take your vehicle to a professional, taking care of your vehicle could save you a lot of time, frustration and money.
1. Check your tires. The Car Care Council recommends weekly tire pressure checks when the temperature drops.
2. Check your brakes. The brake linings, rotors and drums need to be in good working order before you drive on icy or snowy roads.
3. Check your battery. The connections should be clean, tight and corrosion-free. If your battery is three to five years old, it may be time for a replacement.
4. Check the heat, defrosters and wiper blades. Wiper blades that are torn, cracked or don't properly clean the windshield need to be replaced.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Preliminary hearing set for Iron Bowl party shooting suspect
- Hoover City Schools consult with DOJ on fee-based bus service
- Hoover City Schools vote to keep buses under a fee-based system
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out