Gadsden man dies from accidental shooting on Highway 280 | News
SHELBY COUNTY, AL (WBRC) - A man who was shot at a pawn shop on Highway 280 has died.
The Shelby County Sheriff's Department, in a statement Friday morning to FOX6 News, said John David Smith, 23, of Gadsden, died from injuries he sustained in an accidental shooting Thursday afternoon outside of Anthony's Pawn and Jewelry store in the 4600 block of Highway 280. Sheriff Chris Curry said Shelby County 911 received a call at approximately 1:15 p.m. Thursday reporting a person being accidentally shot at the business.
Sheriff Curry was Smith was transported to a local hospital where he later died.
Investigators said Smith, who was an employee of the business, and another employee were involved in the shooting. No one else was involved nor was anyone else hurt.
The shooting remains under investigation.
Copyright 2011 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hoover City Schools vote to keep buses under a fee-based system
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out
- Woman charged with murder in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
- Victim identified in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting