Tuesday afternoon radar update, plus pictures from high above | Weather
Numerous scattered thundershowers have started developing across the area. The heaviest downpour at the time of this update was located north of Birmingham, over Sloan, Smoke Rise, and Corner. The scattered rainfall activity will continue through the rest of today, with temperatures topping out in the 80s. The activity will be slowly moving northeast.
I wanted to share a neat view of the rain from yesterday. Our pal J-P captured this picture while flying back to Pell City. This is a rain shaft that was impacting the Munford area during the afternoon.
He also captured a nice view right at sunset over Pell City.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Preliminary hearing set for Iron Bowl party shooting suspect
- Hoover City Schools consult with DOJ on fee-based bus service
- Hoover City Schools vote to keep buses under a fee-based system
- Jubilee Joe's owner arrested on drug trafficking, money laundering charges
- Sister of woman killed after Iron Bowl party shooting speaks out